View Single Post
Old 14 March 2020, 18:36   #122
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
And I appreciate what EAB does.

I honestly don't get why you are shoving this into "you have to decide between us or them" territory.

I appreciate everybody who gets the scene together, whether it be IRN, Facebook, Youtube, EAB or A1K or whatever...

No need to fight against each other.
Hold on, where exactly am I "shoving this into "you have to decide between us or them" territory"???

Tell me where I've asked people to take sides; either EAB or IRN???

If you read the thread you will see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Neil,

Firstly let me just say that I love Indie Retro News, have nothing against you personally, and consider you a friend.

If I didn't then the following definitely wouldn't have occurred:
a) Donate a decent amount to your website because I support you, and wanted to.
b) Assist you with numerous .HDFs when requested; one example here.
c) Provide you will access to my 15+ year project and have given you constant "Update Packs" over the past 2+ years.

So, now thoughts on all this. I'll be totally honest, as I always am
I haven't said what you've written at all; do I really have to repeat myself again???

...it definitely seems so with you... and yes, you don't get it as your game has been posted on IRN; so it works out perfectly for you. Well done!!!

I'm not concerned with exposure (unlike yourself); I'm just pointing out that if you take information from somewhere, you should have the decency / respect to link to the source.

That's been my argument all along... you clearly read this another way; hence trying to put words in my mouth...

Well

Quote:

Quote:
Sure, use news / information from EAB in your articles, but at least have the decency to mention where this information came from
Quote:
My point is not really only about information that you *cough* use from EAB without permission, but for any websites that you / your scouts grab stuff from... as a responsible site admin, you should always mention the original source.

It's only fair, and what most Retro bloggers / other forums would do automatically
It's about principle; if I was to take information from somewhere and post on my blog, I would always mention the original source

Even more so when it's a line for line copy of text from somewhere.

This is what most Retro bloggers / other forums would do automatically when they take news from EAB

I hardly think this is asking too much is it now?

Last edited by DamienD; 14 March 2020 at 22:35.

Page generated in 0.04307 seconds with 11 queries