View Single Post
Old 11 December 2022, 11:03   #30
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
What you do with these fast Amiga computers?????
Faster CPU means faster everyday tasks, like general responsivity of the OS, faster extracting of bigger archives, faster decoding of images (jpegs etc are quite slow on most 68k CPUs etc), higher end Amigas were more comfortable in web surfing (which includes lots of image decoding etc), listening music (mp2, mp3...), even playing some heavier video formats. When you got used how things were snappier on 060, going back to something like 030 wasn't an option for everyday use anymore.

And then there is the demoscene. You had to have 060 since about 1998 to be able to enjoy majority of new demos. 060 has been the longest standing standard in the Amiga demoscene ever. About 25 years of demos for it.

There are also nice later day games that require a higher end Amiga to be enjoyable. And all kinds of other computing tasks that rely on raw processing power, like compiling programs, rendering 3D graphics, general image processing, etc, etc.

I'm not sure if the poll is about classic Amigas, but I guess it is and NG isn't counted in, so I voted 060 in my case. Even though I keep using an Amiga compatible OS (with some classic Amiga programs) on PPC Macs for every day tasks still.

Page generated in 0.05844 seconds with 11 queries