View Single Post
Old 30 April 2021, 10:15   #3
Rissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Why ? Very possibly because either the source you made the file from had errors, or simply because the disk you write on is bad, crap or inadequate.
So to squash those suggestions, I can advise that I'd considered these things myself already. None are true.

The original disks which i'm trying to backup, still work. So no question on the original integrity of the files i'm trying to backup.

The copy procedure seems to work in the fact that the result of the copying, works in Amiga Forever Emulator just fine. Again, this would suggest that the files on the original disk(s) are good.

Trying to write this back to a floppy is where it seems to falls over.

I've tried writing the same problematic .scp file(s) to various different disks and none of them would work in the Amiga.

Just to rule out the disks being at fault, I then wrote a known good copy of a different file to the same disks, and in each case, the disks would work fine in the Amiga with the other file written to them.

So the fault seems to come from the writing of some files, but not others.

Is there some settings which people have HAD to use to get success with otherwise problematic software backups?

Page generated in 0.04205 seconds with 11 queries