View Single Post
Old 06 August 2021, 19:19   #14
Matt_H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Well, Sumo Digital was started by people from Gremlin Graphics and there's a whole bunch of ex-Gremlin people working there so wouldn't surprise me if they knew the source material pretty well..

I never particularly cared for the first Zool either, the sequel was a nice improvement though. Have to see if there are some gameplay improvements and refinements in this one.

Good to know that there are some veterans involved. Perhaps I'll take a closer look once the final version is released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
I never liked the Amiga music in Zool 2 and doesnt leave me with a great impression of the game. A backwards step compared to music used in their Zool and the lotus games. Too slow and fitting the manic high speed movement of the game. Almost like they wanted to recreate what was being done in games from Core. Wonderdog, bubba n stix, chuck II and the likes. I never felt the music fit those games either.

I only ever played the CD32 version of Zool 2, and I thought the soundtrack for that version was excellent. Never heard the regular Amiga soundtrack, but I really recommend giving the CD32 version a listen.

Page generated in 0.04280 seconds with 11 queries