View Single Post
Old 22 May 2021, 19:17   #669
fehmi

I had been originally posting my issue on the P96 thread but I believe the discussion is more relevant here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Check that Direct3D mode is enabled (Misc panel 9 or 11) and uaegfx.info does not have SOFTSPRITE enabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
To the user: A possible workaround is to enable the softsprite in the tooltypes of the monitor driver.
I have checked above on 2 setups - Workbench 3.X on Amiga Forever 9 and AmiKit XE. I have ensured Direct3D is enabled (tried both 9 and 11) in each configuration. Subsequently, I have tried screen dragging with softsprite enabled and also disabled (rebooted after each change); however, softsprite had no effect on below -

Workbench 3.X: Once I drag the screen and move the mouse up, the cursor is visible on the upper screen (i.e. Workbench) and works just fine. However, the cursor becomes invisible once I move the mouse down to the lower screen (i.e. ChaosPro).

AmiKit XE:Once I drag the screen and move the mouse up, the cursor still moves inside the lower screen (i.e. ChaosPro). However, the actual mouse movements and clicks happen on the upper screen (i.e. Workbench). In other words, I can blindly navigate on the Workbench while the cursor continues to move in ChaosPro screen.

Attached a configuration file, a crash log, and relevant screenshots from Workbench 3.X -
  • AF9_cursor_problem: Screen dragging is broken as described above with this configuration.
  • AF9_crash: As soon as I drag the screen, WinUAE crashes with window Select Arabuusimiehet.WinUAE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF9_crash.PNG
Views:	213
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	72041   Click image for larger version

Name:	AF9_cursor_problem.PNG
Views:	234
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	72042  
Attached Files
File Type: uae AF9_cursor_problem.uae (27.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: zip winuae_debug_4.9.0.zip (18.1 KB, 102 views)

Page generated in 0.04537 seconds with 12 queries