View Single Post
Old 01 December 2017, 18:34   #25
modrobert
old bearded fool

I guess you can't count this as a glitch, but it is annoying.

Frontier: Elite II (ECS/OCS)

"Hi! I'm PoliceOfficer..." screen when playing copy.

I tried three different cracks (FLT, ACS, CSL) those available in TOSEC, and if you play long enough (over 20 hours) and rack up a lot of credits then you will reach "Hi! I'm PoliceOfficer..." manual protection screen after docking and pressing F4, some cracks tell you what key to press, but it fails anyway, because the suggested manual pages are out of bounds. Even the WHDLoad slave fails in the same way for the OCS versions of Frontier Elite II.

EDIT:

To clarify a bit, all the cracks screws up the manual protection, so even with the manual at hand it fails.

Found a similar screen dump from the BBC micro.

I mentioned this in another thread as well, but it's a sweet revenge, and an interesting story if you dislike the police, so here goes...

Sometimes when landing in a planet hangar, if you upset the local port police they go crazy and hit the ground in desperate attempts to target you with their laser weapons (for example the "New San Francisco" port), and the more of the police ships that crash into the ground trying to shoot you, the more desperate they get, even looks like they are firing at each other in the inferno, all while you can relax and watch the ordeal safely from your position in the hangar (using rear view).

Several minutes later, it quiets down after like 50-100 police space ships have crashed into the ground, you can then pay the fine of 1000 credits and be on your way. Bug or not, I guess it is plausible, in a real life situation, that the authorities get so upset their navigation skills are lacking due to the pressure to eliminate the perp in the light of all their fallen comrades who died trying.

Last edited by modrobert; 18 February 2024 at 17:26. Reason: Clarified.

Page generated in 0.04317 seconds with 11 queries