View Single Post
Old 21 July 2021, 13:18   #3732
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Peter on AROS 68k with Descriptors + Datatypes, everything is perfect all files are recognized even without extension.
Great.

Quote:
If you also use the DefIcons this is ignored, if I delete the Deficons Descriptors, Deficons it doesn't recognize any file !
Yes, the DefIcons tool and the GlobalIdentificationHook have lower priority, they are not ignored. The hook function is only called when no matching datatype could be found before. If there is a datatype then DefIcons is not called. But what do you mean with deleting the DefIcons descriptors? DefIcons has an ENVARC:deficons.prefs file with the type identification rules.

@Retrofan
Sorry for not checking your module list a little more yet, but AMIGASYSTEM was already waiting and then I also had other things to do. At the first glance, I only saw that you have screennotify.library v1.02 installed and I have made a note some years ago that v1.02 is buggy, but unfortunately without any details about what the issues were. Probably nothing related to your problem. Myself, I'm using v1.0 again.

Last edited by PeterK; 21 July 2021 at 13:27.

Page generated in 0.05959 seconds with 11 queries