View Single Post
Old 18 August 2007, 16:50   #1
tomtom14

Extremely slow GFX without "Cycle-exact"

Hi.
Recently I've tried to upgrade WinUAE from v1.4.1 to v1.4.3, but the new version doesn't work for me like it should. I've tried to change almost all possible options, but the thing that used to work in 1.4.1 (and earlier) does not work in 1.4.2a+.

I used Potion's "Gush" 64 KB intro for testing. When executed it process lots of data, so music/gfx can start even few minutes later, depending on a CPU.

The problem lies with graphics drawing (I think) - it's *very* slow, like 1 frame per 5-6 seconds. The program itself starts and calculates its data very fast, there's also no problem with music playback.

When I enable the "Cycle-exact" option while the program is running, it suddenly starts to be very fast again. Generally that solution would be OK for me, but if I turn it on before Amiga restart and execute the program then, it calculates it's data *very* slow and the gfx is slow anyway (but faster than without Cycle-exact, like 1 fps)

I've also tested WinUAE v1.4.2a and it behaves a little different. When using old working config (no Cycle-exact), the program runs smooth for like a second or two and then it hangs for some time, runs smooth for a second again, hangs, and so on. Like in 1.4.3, the music plays with no problems and data calculation at the beginning is very fast.

Disabling/Enabling JIT seems to have no effect - gfx is displayed slow no matter what the setting is.

Host config:
Athlon X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 7800GT, Windows XP SP2

Emulated config:
Amiga 1200 (AGA, 68040, 8MB FAST, 32MB Z3)

Software tested:
"Gush" by Potion (64KB intro, attached)

Any hints?

t.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (7.0 KB, 201 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (8.9 KB, 208 views)
File Type: zip Gush.zip (63.9 KB, 206 views)

Page generated in 0.04415 seconds with 12 queries