View Single Post
Old 07 December 2017, 12:06   #13
AdvanceFollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
This is a comparison between non-standalone emulators (Winuae), standalone emulators, workbench 3rd party app preset distributions and hardware. The appropriate question should be what Amiga(-like) experience do you prefer.
I agree, you're comparing apples and raspberries..I mean oranges.

I've used several of the listed options, for different things.

Plain WinUAE - Always handy to have when you just need to quickly load an ADF or check something out

Amiga Forever - Same, but even quicker/easier to set up. Also a convenient, legal way to get ROMs and Workbench disks.

Amibian/Amiberry - Showed great potential as a "pretend Amiga", but incompatibility, inconsistent performance and lack of features turned me away. UAE on Arm isn't as mature as WinUAE.

AmiKIT - It's fun to play around with just to see what can be done with classic AmigaOS 3.x when it's pushed to the limit

Icaros/Aros - I occasionally play around with this in a VM. It's cool, but I've never managed to get it to boot on "real" hardware (I think my PC's are too new).

ClassicWB - I run this on my MiST. It's fairly lightweight and the most compatible with older games/apps.

Page generated in 0.05301 seconds with 11 queries