View Single Post
Old 08 October 2017, 23:43   #1
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Question Gotek drive does not boot

First off, I'm a complete newbie to the world of Gotek/HxC drives so I may be missing something completely obvious...

I bought a GoTek second hand and it does seem to work. By that I mean the led-display shows 000, the green led is lit as it should if I understand things correctly. And it is trying to access the usb-stick I have attached to it - I see this since the USB has an access light on it that flashes when used.

The C0 jumper is closed, the drive is formatted using FAT32 and a few adf-files copied over.

Nothing else is attached at the moment so DF0 as this drive would be seen as is the only viable boot-drive.

But when I boot up, I only get the usb-stick flashing and the regular "Please insert disk into drive" animation (A1200).

The seller claims the unit has been flashed with the latest version of the FlashFloppy firmware. Although I do not know how to verify that.

If I understand correctly, FlashFloppy does not require any configfiles or selector.adf in the root of the usb-stick. Is that understanding correct?

As far as connecting it to my Amiga, I just unplugged the cables from the
standard diskdrive and connected them to the GoTek. Would that do, or do they need to be wired somewhat differently?

Any ideas?

Page generated in 0.07927 seconds with 11 queries