View Single Post
Old 16 May 2022, 20:53   #156
JimDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsti76 View Post
Jim, just a thought:

With all the new accelerators available at the moment for classic Amiga machines there's an increasing stockpile of yet-to-be better Macs, which are just waiting for the proper software to be commercially available (again).

That said, how about just making a fait accompli and providing the FPGA guys with an API as YOU see fit?

Well, that's been the problem really. I have been at the mercy of these guys and their indecisions. I already made a complete spec of the new emulation helper plug-in card I designed for the Amiga, which can also be made virtually (FPGA) and that has the video info in the spec.

At some point in the not-so-distant future I am just going to require adhering to what I designed with no chance of input. The changes I made allow the use of higher screen resolutions (along with their colors modes), than what existed on the Macs of the era. This required the entire video driver core to be re-written and it WAS an opportune time for FPGA emulator folks to chime in and setup a portal to the frame buffer info.

Page generated in 0.07574 seconds with 11 queries