View Single Post
Old 23 October 2020, 14:02   #8
Paulee_Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster View Post
Got the exact same problems with two keyboards here!

One I solved by replacing the entire plate/keys with an A500 one that matched, with a bit of modding it works/fits perfect. There was too much damage even if I did replace the rubber domes so I had no choice but to sort it that way.

I now have another keyboard that has this the same issue as yours! all the large keys including the "return" key refuse to stay up! began stripping it down, found some damage which has peeved me off, seems as if somebody tried to force these keys to stay up by jabbing screw drivers or some other sharp object under them. I may do another A500 plate mod.

Also the spring idea works great! they are basically the same keyboards these mitsumi's, same rubber contacts, keyposts, keytops etc. just some had domes, some had springs.
Hi Electroblaster. Someone on the Amiga FB group suggested that Mitsumi KPQ keyboards used the same Rubber domes and plastic parts. So I’ve ordered one off eBay. Which I can them part out to help the community. I’ll probably ask for a little profit for my time.

Page generated in 0.04400 seconds with 11 queries