View Single Post
Old 19 November 2020, 18:09   #4
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamoe View Post
  • how can I format an SD card so it can be read by the SCSI2SD controller in the Amiga? Start WB from a floppy and use the disk utilities, I guess?
You should first configure the card to be one single SCSI target, at the size you plan to use it with.

Then you must create the RDB on it with an Amiga. After that you can take the card out and mount it in WinUAE and it should be writable.

If you make several SCSI targets onto the card, you must use dd or some other device dumping program to carve out the correct parts of the card as individual HDFs, then write them back at the right offsets. No further info on that from me, you should know how to do it anyway if you go down this route.

Please note: SCSI2SD V5 and older store the config on the SCSI2SD itself! If you intend to use several different cards with the older versions of the SCSI2SD, you should configure it to see your smallest card. The larger cards will be underutilized, but at least you won't be reconfiguring the adapter all the time.

SCSI2SD V6 stores the config on each card separately.

Page generated in 0.04636 seconds with 11 queries