View Single Post
Old 26 March 2021, 00:07   #14
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisthaLu View Post
If you wanna do it with an X-fade, that means you'll need a sample with only the lower frequencies, and then another sample with only the higher frequencies. That means you'll need to play both samples - using 2 channels - in order to get the full sound with both the low and high frequencies.
That would produce a band pass filter during the sweep.

I do agree that both the inversion trick and a simple “full” and “heavy filter” same could simply be cross faded; the full filter could be high or low pass depending what you want to achieve. I’d be surprised interested to hear a sound comparison with and without the invert though.

For mods though, i would tend to stick to the classic of using multiple samples, which are short, of various filter levels, and simply switch between them Depending on how filtered you want it at the time. This works particularly well for filters which are meant to be like Step-Sequenced or Arpeggiated synths, such as the TB303. You can choose how many levels of filter you want by how many samples you’re willing to use.

Also unmentioned here (although I skim read some) is the “timestretch” effect - i think 9xx is the command on OctaMED, and is achieved by retroggering the same sample on every step , but with an increasing start offset.

Page generated in 0.07917 seconds with 11 queries