View Single Post
Old 11 July 2011, 06:15   #3
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Amiga games tend to look pretty anyway. Ruff and Tumble has very nice drawn graphics as do most other Amiga games. These games still fully captivate me in a way a lot of newer ones don't these days

Supremacy, Speedball, Uridium etc still look gorgeous to me and are in no way aged i believe

Graphics of a drawn nature rather than a more constructed one wont ever age- 8bit you could argue that, but on a 14" crt, the Amiga really does look lovely. In 5years time 3d polygons and other tech will be more than is the standard now obviously and we will notice a little of this in a way you can't really with the Amiga- mega resolutions don't actually improve things a whole lot for pixel art and in fact lose a lot of appeal

Though to be honest, were at the stage that 3d hardware is enough that it probably wont look rubbish in 5 years time, merely not as flash.The first gen of 3d consoles for example are mostly triangle for heads and noses so that is very noticable. Not so much with the new machines coming i doubt

Last edited by Adropac2; 11 July 2011 at 07:29.

Page generated in 0.04821 seconds with 11 queries