Thread: AGA or RTG
View Single Post
Old 21 September 2021, 05:15   #131
grelbfarlk

The problem and feature of it being a hobby is, people do it just to do it. These people have normal jobs which usually pay far more than what they make doing it as a hobby so you're limited to what people have to spend of their free time on it. If it comes down to a builder has to spend $20,000 on parts to build a batch a batch of 100 boards, then include the cost of developing it.

Then they have to spend their precious time assembling the things. Which again, usually they will find working their normal job more profitable or their personal time not working is worth more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
I actually faced this dumb hobby excuse a few times already.

To say it is dumb is insufficient I think.

If the excuse is that it is a hobby, then you are trying to deliver something through skill and time and someone wants to help you carry the expense of it by offering financial support because they may not have the skill or time to do what you are trying to deliver for the benefit of many. If you don't need these support resources to share the financial load, good on you. Say so and let's all not waste time. If you would appreciate recouping some of your investment of time and money, then take example from those who do it right. Look at all the kick-starters, or other efforts...NONE of them have ever had the dead silence of WARP1260.

I've noted this with a few on here who took that indefensible stance. It's as if they hold people who want to support them in contempt.

At that point I'm like...keep your precious hobby device to yourself. Nicely done. Enjoy. God bless. May it bring you endless joy.

They keep this up it will be just 17 guys trading hardware between themselves soon.

Page generated in 0.07585 seconds with 11 queries