View Single Post
Old 08 August 2017, 11:06   #80
guest.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
All right, with the risk of you having posted a link before, where are the instructions for use/tweak of the zip on winuae.net?

Note this is in WinUAE not FS-UAE which should be almost the same but perhaps not exactly the same.

So I'm taking your advice. To just get "halfbrite scanlines aligned to verticaly lores pixels" (to start with), which mask and D3D shader should I select for

a) default windowed 720x568 resolution
b) fullscreen 1920x1080 resolution? (Also any aspect ratio tips for this one as it seemed to stretch a default config.)

And then I can go from there as a starting point. Cos I've tried a bunch of combinations and most do not yield a good picture in these resolutions.
Sorry about the instructions, the authors (Lottes, Easymode, Hyllian...) left us to discover the options mostly by ourselves and this isn't too hard in Retroarch since we can use the shader adjustment interface. (my shaders have most setting "hardcoded" lol). But the default settings are nice and if someone gets into the altering process, can be very interesting. I want only to let folks know that they can get geeky on this CRT thing.

About the scanline options in WinUAE. Yea basicly you can use masks or shaders for this and WinUAE favors some shaders more (gaussian scanlines for example - higher the scale, the better they look). So i wouldn't use a CRT shader for 720x568, because masks/scanlines makes a better job here.

In a 1080p situation shaders become a reasonable option since we usually want the image to have pixel-aligned scanlines. Masks also become viable, someone could perhaps create nicer 4x or 5x pixel perfect scanlines with manual integer scaling option.

I'm adding a gaussian scanline shader with some options to tweak and basic guidance to use, in fullscreen of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE-CRT.png
Views:	714
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	54081   Click image for larger version

Name:	CRT-Scanline.png
Views:	999
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	54083  
Attached Files
File Type: rar CRT-Scanline-LoRes-WinUAE.rar (1.8 KB, 591 views)

Last edited by guest.r; 08 August 2017 at 13:35. Reason: screenie

Page generated in 0.07637 seconds with 12 queries