View Single Post
Old 31 August 2019, 09:32   #39
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
I may be able to help with the ascii problem at least. just download the attachment and
put the deficons.prefs into prefs/env-archive.
The default file had more than one file wrongly recognized so i edited it to fix those. It recognizes all files os4 can (there are some formats more than in 3.x) , and i added a fileformat or two.

There shouldn't be any problems but make a backup of your original file first. just to be on the safe side.
thx, this at least solved the problem with pdf wrong recognized.

but there are some entries in your deficons.prefs i can't doubleclick to change. for example: tif, if i doubleclick it to assign it to multiview or any other picture viewer, i get an error:
Quote:
DefIcons.Prefs
tif: object not found
Okay
and on right side it says "Makroklasse". there are more entries which do this: utahrle, wbmp, xbm, yuvn, etc. (i don't know these ).
but no worry, .tif never worked on my system. now with your deficons.prefs at least it has an icon (tiff) which it didn't have before.
i guess, it will take some weeks checking if everything still works as it used to (opens how it's supposed to be opened), i'll have to check wordworth, turbocalc, amigawriter, etc. - not gonna do this today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
EDIT: I get an error too on reading your pdf. (guru 8000 0027)
at least i'm not alone with this!

Last edited by honx; 31 August 2019 at 09:40.

Page generated in 0.14131 seconds with 11 queries