View Single Post
Old 31 August 2019, 05:27   #31
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
i don't know how to do that manually without that prefs program.
You can't. The prefs program is to set up how to detect the fileformat. Those informations aren't available to .info files.

I may be able to help with the ascii problem at least. just download the attachment and
put the deficons.prefs into prefs/env-archive.
The default file had more than one file wrongly recognized so i edited it to fix those. It recognizes all files os4 can (there are some formats more than in 3.x) , and i added a fileformat or two.

There shouldn't be any problems but make a backup of your original file first. just to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The icons that maintain the association have a "real" icon so the association does not work on these icons.
To verify the exact association delete the icons and then tell the system to associate those files "show all files".
That is not how it works. You just set a default tool and it'll only works if you save an .info file. That has to be done for every single file you want to open, that's not very convinient.

The 'real' icons are only used when the fileformat is found by deficons.
In the icon file you can only set what programm to use. But if the file is wrongly recognized in the first place the default tool is meaningless. If deficon sees an ascii file the def_pdf will never be used.
I can tell how the deficons prefs works but this is not the thread for that

EDIT: I get an error too on reading your pdf. (guru 8000 0027)
Attached Files
File Type: lha deficons.prefs.lha (2.7 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by tero; 31 August 2019 at 06:14.

Page generated in 0.04960 seconds with 12 queries