View Single Post
Old 30 August 2019, 20:42   #26
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If he wants you to open it with EdiPAD, there are two reasons:
- Existing tools icon badly associated
- Wrong file name
what icon exactly is badly associated? and why does it work with some .pdf and not with other .pdf? if there was anything wrong, then no .pdf file would open correctly. none at all...
and all file names end with .pdf, so no wrong filename. all the same filenames except number.
AmigaFever1.pdf - working
AmigaFever2.pdf - working
AmigaFever3.pdf - NOT working (the one i zoned)
AmigaFever4.pdf - NOT working

Quote:
If you send me the files I can be more precise
which files should i send? all these 4 .pdf files (2 working, 2 not working)?

Quote:
- codesets.library is also found in MUI/Libs deletes the older one
no codesets.library in mui/libs on my system. there are only:
muimaster.library, muipop.library, muipropg.library, muirexx.library, muiscreen.library, muispecial.library, muiwinborder.class, muiwinscroller.class
that's it.
Quote:
- polybios.hwp and polibios.exp are also used by other applications, check that there are no older versions in LIBS/Hollywood
there were also no polibios files in libs/hollywood.

Quote:
polybios.hwp and polibios.exp are supplied in two versions FPU noFPU, install the one related to the executable
i copied the ones from the rnopdf version i use to libs/hollywood and rebooted. but still crash.

Quote:
Don't use the editor because I don't think it works well, manually edit the def_icons.
i don't know how to do that manually without that prefs program.

Quote:
The icons that maintain the association have a "real" icon so the association does not work on these icons.
To verify the exact association delete the icons and then tell the system to associate those files "show all files".
as i said on last page on this thread: these .pdf files DON'T have any icon. there are only .pdf files, there are NO .info files.
so these .pdf files are only visible, if "show all files" is checked. otherwise this folder would be blank, as there is no .info file.

Quote:
I repeat if you send me some example files I can understand the problem well
more examples of that .pdf which i already zoned? should i send all 4 amigafever .pdf files (2 working, 2 not working)?

Page generated in 0.04804 seconds with 11 queries