View Single Post
Old 26 September 2013, 20:24   #1
AshtonPete

Amiga and gameplay graphics resolution.

Ok, When I owned an Amiga 1200 about 23 years ago I upgraded with an accelerator and 120 meg hard drive, I thought I was a god with 120 meg. However I never did own a proper Amiga Monitor and had to make do with a tv of that era using a scart....As time passed I had to throw in the towel and go PC. Then along came WinUAE, after dabbling with the early versions I gave up; and that ended up on the back burner, the reason was that although technology had moved on in Monitor display I could never achieve any appreciable graphics quality apart from a miserable 4 or 5 inch square on my Apple Cinema 30" monitor which was painful after trying every permutation known to man and monitor. So I recently bought another 1200 off eBay to give nostalgia another crack of the whip, so I then got a 4gig CF and an awesome high end Blizzard accelerator which I set up on a LG Flatron via an Amiga Scart.
Now I watched Dan Wood fit one of those Indivision AGA boards on utube with a DVI connector, BUT I am told that won't enhance my graphics no better than what a Phillips 1080 would back in its day and only sharpens your icons and allows Super Hi res laced. Others have told me I will never improve graphics gameplay sharpness on a modern monitor because of display characteristics like pixel pitch....Am I doomed? is buying a retro monitor my only answer? Ideally I just want to play games with a large screen eg 22 inch which is playable, not blurred with legs and bodies like elevator steps. I cannot see the point in an Indivision at 125 quid if gameplay isn't enhanced.
I hope this all that made sense.....

Page generated in 0.04218 seconds with 11 queries