View Single Post
Old 25 July 2022, 21:02   #40
BowToYourSensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yes, some 3.1 ROMs don't contain the library, but as I posted above, they're specifically for the A4000T version. All other versions of 3.1 should have workbench.library included, and that includes 40.68, which is the A1200 version you have. So it's either been modified, or there's something about your setup that's skewing results. As I said before, it's possible things are being confused by checking the version numbers after a warm reboot (bearing in mind that the first reboot is part of the boot process for many Workbench versions and can happen very quickly). So verify it again, either by disconnecting your hard drive and booting from a 3.1 Workbench floppy, or by making sure you boot with no startup-sequence from a *cold* boot.
I'll try this. You may be correct. But I also just watched a YouTube video explaining how you add ehide.device to a 3.1 rom. What my actual problem may be, is I've been using my hard drive/cf card in the usual spot. I never tried putting it on the accelerator card ide connector. Part of the process in the video, is the guy moved his workbench.library to the extended rom chip to make room for the ehide.device on the standard rom. I thought I ordered it without the ehide.device, but maybe I didn't? And my whole problem has been my roms are looking for the hard drive on the accelerator card?!

Page generated in 0.04554 seconds with 11 queries