Thread: Wonderboy
View Single Post
Old 19 January 2022, 14:41   #92
acidbottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
So It's for any Amiga with at least 020 and 2MB (chip, or any?), not A1200. You should know that in past such descriptions of requirements caused big disinformation. Best example is Dungeon Master II, where many people thought that's AGA game, but it's not. Of course there are more such games.
Hi and thanks for these comments, you do raise a valid question.

My original intention was to create a game that ran on all systems, including OCS and ECS. At no stage did I want to create a 1200 exclusive AGA game, partially because I knew it was possible to easily replicate the arcade gfx in 32 colours, perhaps with some effort even reduce to 16!

However, despite some optimisation (still plenty to do here) I felt the game ran too slow in certain areas on OCS and ECS, even with some fast ram. My only benchmark here was using WinUAE and various configs. I do not own an actual A500 any longer, let alone one that is 020 accelerated. I tried to match an OCS 020 with fast ram via UAE and it still didnt feel right. The settings on a stock 1200 seem to run it okay, I am usure why, my terrible code optimisations I would expect

If anyone has such a machine and can verify how it performs I will revisit my descriptions. My own personal machine is a heavily accelerated 1200 and it does of course run perfectly okay.

I decided to announce, with the alpha version, it is for 1200 but not AGA exclusive so anyone with an Amiga can try it out and let me know if it runs like a brick or runs fine.

Therefore, as it stands, a 1200 is best for the time being, based on my own testing. It is still alpha though and is never (unless M$ offer me 50 billion, might think about it then haha) going commercial, unlike Dungeon Master II, whos marketing team should have done better research before finalising that particular release!

Last edited by acidbottle; 19 January 2022 at 14:50.

Page generated in 0.04468 seconds with 11 queries