View Single Post
Old 08 October 2020, 09:14   #12
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Ace View Post
My Filezilla Pro configuration have the Default Transfer type: "Auto", and i never have that kind of problem about the files without extensions.
Make no mistake!
When you have the files online some files have been damaged but not all of them and I'll tell you why.

In case the client is under Windows (CR LF) and the server is under Linux like EAB's (LF) :

- When a file is uploaded, Filezilla performs an EOL conversion of the file without extension : $0D0A > $0A (medium risk)
So if the file contains this binary sequence $0D0A, it will become 1 byte smaller at each occurrence.

- When downloading, it is the reverse conversion : $0A > $0D0A (very high risk)

For example :
Utils/SuperEDC
Original > 27 336 bytes
Uploaded > 27 335 bytes (It was like this on the server when you first put it online)
Dowloaded > 27 431 bytes (that's how chip must have downloaded it)

To respond directly to what you have to say, the problem is not the option "Default transfer type" but "Treat files without extension as ASCII file".
Filezilla does warn the user that files will be corrupted if the wrong filetype is considered as ASCII...

EDIT:
Another interesting case > Games/UTILS/DOCS/Chips.txt
It is a text file with the appropriate extension but it has been compressed with PowerPacker ... it is now a binary file!
First upload > 1 619 bytes
Second upload (RAR) > 1 620 bytes

Here is the default configuration of FileZilla :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Default.PNG
Views:	287
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	69145  

Last edited by Crashdisk; 08 October 2020 at 12:02.

Page generated in 0.16003 seconds with 12 queries