View Single Post
Old 06 April 2016, 22:35   #60
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
Yes, many more hostages type will be available, including blonde females etc...

But Dan will need to free all the hostages anyway, or he can't go to the next level.
I don't think hostages will attack enemies, as it will be hard to make them melee attack the enemies, and it will be strange to have them using guns or projectile weapons.
But having them give some abilities to Dan, (like new magic attacks, life bonus, one time usage weapons (like a rocket launcher, gravity gun) etc...)

I think I will add an inventory to Dan where collected one off usage weapons will be stored. So they can help him in difficult situations.

I want them to be one off usage, as I really want to keep the challenge that Shinobi offered.

He couldn't follow with the ninja jumps that Dan can do, I think this won't be implemented.
Yup, I understand. One off usage weapons/magics are a good idea and they should be easier to balance in-game like this, being limited.

Smoke bombs are nice idea, It will be implemented.
Nunchaku mean Dan can use it as a primary weapon, whereas he has the sword as a primary weapon, so the Nunchuk won't be implemented (but some enemies will be using it)
The reason I want one primary weapon only is related to game balance.

I understand, it could indeed effect game balance- glad you like the smoke bombs idea.

There will be moving platforms, elevators, fighting on top of trains/trucks maybe even airplanes.
Levels like a bridge, with falling in shallow water and fighting on it, ninja's emerging from water.
One level will be climbing the Eiffel tower.

I will make sketches and dress up the game levels and scenarios in bigger details before the kickstarter.

Good to hear.

Power up mid level to get the ninja form. And if dead in ninja form, resurrect in ninja form. But if dead in UFC form, resurrect in UFC form until you get the ninja powerup which will be obligatory to get as it will be tied to a hostage.

But at the start of every level, you start in UFC form.
And bosses you get to fight in Ninja form ( apart Freddy boss where the fight I think will be in UFC form).

Ninja Dan will have faster plane jumps, and of course the deadlier sword to disptach hard enemies with one hit only, instead of 2 or 3 for UFC Dan.

Sounds about right.

Thanks for the feedback Adrian, some nice idea in it too
No worries. I'm curious to see the next video with new backgrounds etc.

Page generated in 0.04272 seconds with 11 queries