View Single Post
Old 06 January 2022, 11:32   #8
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
I'm quite accustomed to the following shortcuts which are IMHO very handy under 3.x :

[...]

That's super handy for quickly modifying a portion of text, some command line arguments etc.
These shortcuts (and the similar, related Shift+left arrow, Shift+right arrow etc.) were consistent from at least OS 2.0 times, through to 3.9 and 4.1. They have been changed for 3.2, apparently in order to bring them in line with other platforms. Where shift has always been to move to / delete to the start/end of the line, it has been changed to Ctrl, and Shift instead is used for selecting the text in the gadget. Alt is used for moving to / deleting the next/previous word, though that is consistent with OS 3.9.

While this behaviour is more in-line with other platforms, it's a change I've found jarring in AmigaOS. It also introduces inconsistencies as observed between MUI and the native toolkits, and there are also inconsistencies within the OS itself, e.g. ASL file requesters still move/delete to the beginning/end instead of highlighting when shift is held.

Bottom line, I wouldn't hold your breath for these shortcuts to be reverted to the previous behaviour in future versions.

Page generated in 0.04387 seconds with 11 queries