View Single Post
Old 01 May 2013, 22:43   #35
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
should we still make the effort at least to contact authors that have unusual conditions like not charging for postage, or do you think we can just distribute it anyway unless a cease and desist request comes through?
In no way I voice an official opinion on this, just my 2 cents (feels good to pass this on to the new GMs ), but they are: As long as the service covers the costs and postage plus (I know this is a grey area...) some sort of small fee maybe, there should be no problem. Indeed it should be more a 'until somebody complains, it's all okay' policy here (again just my personal opinion). I'm currently still away from home, but once I'm back after the 4th I'll ask a GM to start the 'official" disscussion (if they don't answer here before that time anyway ).
The usual conditions are that the cost of the service should cover only the cost of supplying the programs (disk(s), p&p and a reasonable charge for time spent copying, packing and posting the item(s)). Anything more stringent than that is unreasonable and could be challenged, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
Excellent news Druid

looking forward to the results
...and now you have a start.

Page generated in 0.04878 seconds with 11 queries