View Single Post
Old 11 December 2021, 10:03   #35
Promilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by manossg View Post
..ahem.
...yet somehow you seem to jump on every opportunity to do so and, coincidentally, this only happens whenever the Vampire is mentioned.
And how did you reach that particular conclusion?
Let's see how I thrashtalk about vampire
Quote:
If someone wants to have compact accelerator with plenty on-board additions - yes, go ahead with Vampire. But that doesn't mean it's the best thing there is in every field possible.
and that's from discussion you were active member as well.
Maybe I am biased... pro pistorm, against vampire? Let's see:
Quote:
PiStorm atm isn't anything more interesting than A600 Vampire V1 - it's neither fast nor bugfree.
oh my, that's yet again from the same topic!
Maybe then PPC bandwagon and NG?
Quote:
PPC aren't produced anymore en masse, just few specialized solutions which costs a lot. X5000 anyone? Yeah - that's that.
Nope!
Maybe then I am huge fan of Warp?
Quote:
even Cortex M7 in STM32H7 guys from CSLabs used has more MIPS! and all it does is to handle temperature readings, fan control, frequency control, usb hid and mass storage support, sdcard support, firmware update and mp3 decoding
Doesn't seem that way.
About Apple, company I don't trust, don't like their attitude towards both customers and 3rd party service centers. Does it seem I flame about them everywhere?
Let's check
Quote:
Apple went smoothly to PPC offering decent emulation for old software. They went to x86 bandwagon only because IBM didn't provide new PPC which could be put into notebooks while intel had such CPUs. So they jumped in and were happy about it. Offered yet another emulation layer to play with PPC apps under x86. Apple invested in developing ARM architecture to their smartphones but wouldn't switch to it with notebooks and desktop hadn't intel fail they expectations just like IBM. Apple can produce more chips with TSMC 5nm, more power efficient and not terribly lagging behind in terms of performance. That's the reason why it was yet another time to switch. And also there's emulation. Amiga users aren't like Apple users. They want the old one OS, compatible with old ones hw but some of them want modern speed and features as well. That can't be done. Vampire offers something in between - fairly modern architecture, most compatible and powerful 68k but still fitting to classic amiga. Something more compatible? Turbo on Motorola. Something faster? WinUAE, PPC or ARM.
And also it seems I summarized Vampire here as well.
So... software emulation, let's see
Quote:
JIT will be fast but JIT is also not so good when it comes to compatibility. Some software will have problems, some won't run at all. That's the cost of software emulation. It's rather slow when "more compatible" and rather incompatible with some tricks used by (mostly) demoscene devs when in JIT.
Doesn't seem biased, made valid points here.
Maybe then about AC68080 itself?
Quote:
As fellow engineer I am familiar with difficulties in development of fully pipelined 68k on FPGA. I find AC68080 piece of technical art.
Yeah... you are absolutely right, I just can't wait to spam sh*t on apollo team everywhere, anytime.

Page generated in 0.04568 seconds with 11 queries