View Single Post
Old 15 February 2010, 20:17   #17
Photon

As I said, magic names Too bad the names are coming after I'm done.

And I didn't need an app to do these bits for me as much as I needed to know how which bits did what. Anyway. I'm probably a bit more fiddly than most I guess.

Take that MAME shell thingy. Fine. Except I don't want to hide the mouse cursor just during the logon screen, and adding a bootscreen "skin" messes up the boot sequence. I need it to be black, then grey, then white, then whatever picture WinUAE shows.

Since the pic WinUAE shows is usually black as it boots from the harddisk-directory, the color before it must be white, and before that, grey.

If you do that with a grey bootscreen picture and hide the logon, you will get an ugly black screen between them as the screen switches video mode.

The way to do it is to
- replace the BIOS splash with a black screen, if possible.
- replace the bootscreen with a black screen. You can use /NOGUIBOOT, but that will put a blinking text cursor in the corner until you reach the logon screen.
- replace the logon screen with a grey screen and set its cursors to nothing.cur.
- set a white desktop wallpaper and replace the shell to remove the taskbar.
- put WinUAE in Start/Programs/Startup (fullscreen, always on top)

I don't mind doing that myself, I just found out that the only way to hide the taskbar is replacing the shell, and luckily I lived to tell the tale.

So anyway. BIOS splash and warpmode left to do.
ps. Sorry for asking Toni, I'll try to find the threads where the commands are mentioned.

Page generated in 0.18197 seconds with 11 queries