View Single Post
Old 15 February 2009, 09:17   #6
Iznougoud
Quite the odd one

Send a message via MSN to Iznougoud
Well, the reason for me asking is that I recently managed to get my A2000 online, using ICS via nullmodem. Having gotten used to a 100Mbit/s connection, obviously this was painfully slow (the transfer rate is set to 57600), and remembering some ancient info on the limitations of the serial port of the Amiga, I thought I'd check to see if there would be any point in cranking it up to 115200. Although I doubt the actual transfer rate will come anywhere near that.

As for AExplorer, I really don't think that's a good reference. I've had the same experience, 19200 as maximum. And even then I would get errors when transferring large files. I really see no use for that software, unless you don't have a LAN available. But maybe I'm wrong.

My A2000, by the way, isn't the fastest one around. But I do believe it can hold it's own with the Blizzard 2040-board, Picasso II and 128Mb FastMEM (I do love lots of RAM . I fail to see, however, how screen depth would affect the transfer rate of the serial port. Would anyone care to elaborate?

(As a note; for some reason AWeb won't work. IBrowse and AmIRC works just fine, so I must have missed some setting in AWeb. Any ideas about that?)

Page generated in 0.04468 seconds with 11 queries