View Single Post
Old 19 June 2020, 02:21   #17
ScHlAuChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
I have noticed that there is no two shump top view sections.
They were previewed in old magazines, in Hardcore trailer and on publisher site (but were cut later). I wonder why they cut them? Were they not fun to play or too much buggy to fix?
That tank section was something DICE wanted to add to the planned MegaCD version of the game - only a half finished level exists - thats the level you see in the trailer.
SLG didnt add them to the game, becasue backporting that to the Megadrive turned out to be too hard.

Quote:
Also game got like three big parts, each one with two levels with some sub-bosses and bosses. I wonder why there is nice picture with bit of story after first two levels, after another two and at the end, but there is no picture/intro at start of game?
The original DICE plans was to have 5 big parts, where between each Run`n`Gun area (as defined by the 3 area tilesets) there was supposed to be tank section that would lead to the next area. The Amiga magazine screens of those tank sections are mockups of those plans, they were never coded. When the game moved to Megadrive, the limited ROM space didnt leave them any choice anyway. Only later when MegaCD came up, they planned to readd them to that version.

As for the missing intro, we can only assume they had made one for the Amiga, but then simply cut it from Megadrive version for space reasons without creating any replacement before the game was canned.

Page generated in 0.08269 seconds with 11 queries