View Single Post
Old 13 May 2021, 17:10   #22
masteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I have received my unit last week, but only had time to play around with it yesterday. I suppose that my TOS is 1.02 PAL (I have a German 1040STFM with 1986,87 dates in GEM) and the image from google drive doesn't really work with it. You can see the directories but there is either nothing inside ("0 bytes") or some corrupted files and names.

I have tried several different SD cards and couple of chargers - using RPi3 one now. But it's always like that. I tried it in Hatari and the behaviour is the same in 1.02, but when I changed TOS to 1.04 it worked!

Then I tried another image on your interface, from Atari Age (1000 games in 1GB) and this one has mostly worked. Some games don't work but it might something to do with that image config and my machine.

So I suppose that I'd need to upgrade to 1.04 for full compatibility? This page says that TOS 1.00-1.02 is not really good for HDD operations.

Yes, very few users have ancient TOS; at least you are the first one with a very ancient TOS, the TOS 1.02

These first operating system versions appear to have bugs on their HDD operation code, fixed on TOS 1.04 and forward. But nobody tested this yet, except you

Sorry, but I canĀ“t notice this previously, due to I only have TOS 1.06 on my STE, and betatesters only have TOS 1.04 to 2.06; as well one the new TOS 2.16

The general recommendation is to upgrade at least to TOS 1.04 fron non STE machines

Page generated in 0.07262 seconds with 11 queries