View Single Post
Old 31 March 2020, 16:58   #7
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
I disagree in that they cannot change it.
You make it seem like the whole community and especially the devs are being held hostage, which I think is a fair representation, and if that's the case, it needs to stop.

We cannot have a honest, civil, adult conversation here if people keep telling you to "shut up and don't discuss that". That's not civil. And that's the main issue sadly.
For your reference, the relevant paragraph from the very first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
We are amiga fans too, and much like you, we also had enough of these
toxic repetitive rants polluting threads about my option is better
than yours, lawsuit wars, companies and source model. We haven't got
the power to change any of the above.
If you want to cover these
topics, please go somewhere else and create your own thread, do not
attempt to hijack this one.
Emphasis mine.

Quote:
I do not say the devs are the problem or that there is no cooperation as you represent.
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my post, but I most certainly did not represent anything of the sort.

Quote:
The problem is not you guys who provide us with a lot and work so much to bring this to reality. Let it be clear the problems are NOT the devs of any system.
I really don't see how what I said could in any way lead you to think that 's what I meant.

For what it's worth, I use OS4 more than any other version of the Amiga OS, any there are so many QoL improvements there that coming back to 3.9 feels clumsy, and 3.1 downright primitive. So I for one am absolutely delighted to see so much cooperation between the OS4 and OS3 teams, and seeing the features like resizing on window borders, and shift-zoom to maximise windows being backported / borrowed / considered for OS 3.2.

Page generated in 0.07093 seconds with 11 queries