View Single Post
Old 30 August 2021, 22:28   #15
PDrill

My A1200 (or A600 if I ever use it) is always connected.

Clearly the most useful function is to map an FTP account as a drive in the PC as well as in the Amiga, so I have 'Drive E:' on the PC showing the same files than AFTP: on the Amiga and transferring files is just a matter of copying files to/from E:/AFTP:

The next useful function is to download files from directly from Aminet by just using the WGET command, no need for a browser or PC.

Browsing (IBrowse) isn't very smooth on an 28mhz Amiga and the browser has it limitations too, but sure I've done that occasionally. Every now and then I 'call' BBS's but for that I usually use the WiModem rather than telser or equivalent. And last but not least, of course IMP is running almost daily.

So in my opinion, when it comes to a low spec Amiga there are a few unbeatable functions available online but the modern web surely isn't one of them.

Now if someone just would make some multiplayer game, THAT would be something. Wouldn't have to be even anything major, a Supersprint -style racing game would be more than enough.

Page generated in 0.08235 seconds with 11 queries