View Single Post
Old 02 August 2019, 00:17   #17
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFreak View Post
So basically this thing is more powerfull than the Amiga it attaches to
I am really chuffed at this, It wasn't just my work, it was Mikestir, Solidcore, Indigolemon, Freemilk and myself. We all had input. it has taken about 5 months of beta boards and fixes to get this done. The very first board was pretty ugly, trying to run jumpers from the Arm to its correct place was a nightmare lol. We started off doing 1 project and the next thing you know we are off on a tangent. We are really hoping that people can maximize the usage of this beastie and start creating their own ROM's to do magical things. The Amiga is not dead yet . We have 2 very big projects i know that people will want which is so far not done at all, but we will have to wait a couple of months to try to raise some funding for those. I learnt a lot about serial interface doing this project,my coding still sux, i think i forget more in a day that i learn lol

P.S. The shape, yah it is kinda familiar, i tried to make the footprint as small as possible and that was the result. BTW, on some Amiga 500s there is a capacitor that may be in the way, so no worries, we will provide a replacement capacitor for you so that you can wiggle the old one off and replace if need be. There is no need to take the board out of the case. We have decided to do the projects on the quiet now as we dont want people to get fixated on the timeline. The MX project took a few twists and turns but we needed to publicise it so we could gauge interest as the outlay is very high

Page generated in 0.05170 seconds with 11 queries