View Single Post
Old 30 October 2012, 00:57   #6
bcripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
Thanks for releasing this emulator, and making it Mac compatible. I will be switching to Mac, and if I can't get WinUAE to work (through VMWare Fusion), it would be my main program I'll use.
If you decide to get a Mac, I am betting you will find the WinUAE performance in VMWare Fusion to be unsatisfying. First of all, Fusion (like Parallels and the rest) creates a virtual video card that is pretty wimpy. It is fine for running applications like Office, but I found the video performance on my 2011 iMac to be pretty bad when running WinUAE on Fusion. Megaball 4 was particularly hard to play when the video appeared to stutter.

WinUAE (actually, I ran Amiga Forever 2012) runs better under Wine. However, I still had to mess with it a bit and run it in a virtual desktop to get rid of some screen redraw problems. It was usable though.

I just find FS-UAE to be the best way to run Amiga software on your Mac. It can take full advantage of the Mac's video card (like Wine does) and it acts like a real Mac application. Frode has also done a nice job of documenting FS-UAE.

Bob C

Last edited by bcripon; 30 October 2012 at 02:44.

Page generated in 0.06292 seconds with 11 queries