View Single Post
Old 19 February 2006, 23:50   #11
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

I think that you're talking about using AmigaOS on intel-based HW, and in that case I totally agree! This is indeed better than using crappy Windoze, anyway...
But AMIGA is not ONLY the software, the miracle was achieved thanks to the very special hardware, even if this nowadays seems obsolete... Remember that NO emulator, no matter how precise it is, can reproduce 100% the capabilities of the emulated hardware!
And, yes, I like noisy and slow disk-loading, poor flickering PAL-lace image quality, 8-bit depth workbench, cable salad over my desk, and any limitations due to hardware insufficiency... THIS IS AMIGA for me!!!
I also like typing on my keyboard and staring at the AMIGA and C= logos on it! Such things remind me that I really use an amiga, not just testing a piece of software, to realize how close it can get to our beloved machine! I really admit that WinUAE is a brilliant application, but, so what???
Anyway, if you insist about its superiority to the real thing. I give up! In that case, let us all throw away our garbage old original-commodore amigas and use those heavenly made-in-china no-name fancy machines, instead!
Gosh, this is a nightmare, like running Win95 with PCtask or Debian with X on a A1200

Page generated in 0.06061 seconds with 11 queries