View Single Post
Old 10 June 2016, 09:15   #9
glenn
Repulsive

The REASON for the cortex software not being updated anymore is that people do as TS did, buying a preflashed unit.

Hervé Messinger that is the person who wrote the code does not like that other people is making money on his work (that he gave away for free to enthusiasts) therefore he stopped the development.

There is NO reason to buy a cortex preflashed unit, you going to pay a overprice and you support people that should not be supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post

Hiccup for me is that the initial flashing tool apparently requires Windows, which I don't have (and apparently neither does Jeff?? Or did I misread a post in another thread.. Oh well.. ;-).
Yes it does require windows unfortunatly (I mainly use linux), and if you ask me its a pretty crappy software too (the windows flash loader), I havent been able to flash any of my goteks with HxC software (yes I paied for a license) since the flashing software simply does not work for me.

I have tried with two different serial adapters, three different OS'es, four different computers, three different goteks, but still no go.

I have been in contact with Jeff (author of HxC) and he ofcourse say its a problem with my computer or my serial adapter.. when I told him which type of serial adapter it was he told me that it was "well known" that it was crap, even if it works PERFECTLY FINE to flash the same gotek with cortex software time after time.. (even the same gotek on the same computer with the same OS with the same adapter, I can flash it to cortex, and then hXc fails right after, then i can flash it with cortex again with no problems..)

Now I have ordered a serial adapter with a "recommended" chipset.. when I recive it i will try again ofcourse..

(Ofcourse the HxC manual does not mention what recommended chipset is, or that it is known problems with other chipsets..)

Page generated in 0.04418 seconds with 11 queries