View Single Post
Old 01 February 2016, 14:21   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Stunt Car Racer (turbo mode) in a linkup gets comments like "How this simple game can work so well?", "It is so old, but still more entertaining than many modern games!", etc.
I got this from 14-15 years old kids a couple of years ago playing Stunts/4D Sports Driving in DOSBOX at the school I teach.

Quote:
Quote:
Also make them use a joystick instead of a Dpad.
Yeah good luck with that!
Forget about this. Back in 93-94 when the Amiga still was my main gaming machine, none of my friends could cope with a Joystick, I had to get 2 dpads to have Sensi and then SWOS leagues without no one complaining "WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY WITH THIS SHITTY CONTROLLER?"

Now at 2016, it will just make people move away.

I participate in some retro-gaming and retro-computing groups here in Brazil, people who arrange meetings and stuff. In both cases , the Amiga is either completely unknown or just plain hated for no proper reason. It goes like.

"what the hell, just one button? How do you play Mortal Kombat with just 1 button?"
"hahahahaha, look at this Street Fighter 2 , ridiculous!"
" <insert random Sega or Capcom port> is so awful on this machine! Amiga is crap, only crap games on it "

And then as most people will only play on emulators, they just hate the fact Winuae is not a Mega-Drive emulator and it's a lot harder to configure.

Being the Amiga fanboy I am , There are some people I want to help discover why *I* am so fond of this machine. I had made a list myself, but some suggestions here are pretty good too Keep then coming

Page generated in 0.04540 seconds with 11 queries