View Single Post
Old 23 August 2019, 10:15   #5
drluking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
This might mean that your SCSI chain is not properly configured. A termination issue for example.
I use: Active terminator <--- cybppc controller --- hd uwscsi 9gb (Term Power on, autospin on) ---> Active terminator

and: Active terminator <--- cybppc controller --- hd uwscsi 9gb (Term Power on, autospin on) --- master 32x (with adaptor 68pin to 50 pin active bits) ---> Active terminator

and same problem if I use a hd uwscsi 68gb vs 9gb

I have no problems with AmigaOS3.9 with this configs SCSI, while in AmigaOS4.1 FE after its rekick the cybppc.device is no more usable; for this reason I think It's a software problem; if you look at urls before I have read "DarrenHD" guy had same problem with an "overclocked" cyberstormppc (mine is not overclocked, but CPU is 330Mhz version and not the original 180/200/233 Mhz of Phase 5) here (post 2) http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....hp?f=15&t=3296

Quote:
For the 68k cybppc.device you can change settings in the firmware menu of the CSPPC to make it more compatible. The PPC cybppc.device does not have access to them, so they are ignored once the PPC Kickstart is loaded.
ok

Quote:
The versions of 68k components don't matter for the PPC OS. They are not used.
in 68k (AmigaOS 3.9) could be useful to update the firmware of my cyberstormppc 604e 330Mhz / 060 50Mhz with cybervisionppc gfx card from 44.69 to 44.71 ? (for exemple if It's better the cybppc.device in 68k mode and something else of better)

thanks

Last edited by drluking; 23 August 2019 at 10:23.

Page generated in 0.04228 seconds with 11 queries