View Single Post
Old 25 February 2019, 22:31   #23
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
[...] I see no problem with late entries. As long as the rules are upheld, then they're welcome. [...]
+1

Quote:
[...] Also: if the deadline is too near and not enough complete games are available, then the deadline may be extended. [...]
I always thought that 6 month for a "coding on spare time competition" was really short. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that a change of rules cannot be unilaterally imposed to the participants. No case of "force majeure" here.
So, unless all participants agree, the deadline must remain unchanged. This is the minimum respect that the participants having followed the rules deserve.
Next competitions could be different... per rules.

Quote:
[...] @malko: Thanks for the heads up. [...]
You are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
[...] But at this point there is a danger: the risk that once the competition is over the projects are left at the tech-demo or beta stage or what they are.
So we need an incentive for them to continue.
I throw it there: why not allocate a percentage of the sum and deliver it only to the completed projects?
[...]
Although this risk cannot be excluded and even if I see the "good idea" behind this proposal, I cannot follow it because it was not stipulated from the beginning. So, let's keep the idea for the next competition . In the meantime, better to live with this risk and hope that it is only part of the assumptions that will not be realized .

Page generated in 0.04835 seconds with 11 queries