View Single Post
Old 05 February 2021, 00:34   #8
Havie

Had an extended play. First off - looking great! Tried on my 1200 where I had put in an 8meg ram upgrade instead of my 030 50mhz. Loaded an played ok once but then wouldn't load so may be the ram (I had bought it as faulty) or the disk.

SO then went to WinUAE.

Controls seem better than last beta I played but still feels very skittish and difficult to control. I will try the original on my Picade to compare.

Bugs I have found:

1) On the join game screen yo can repeatedly press accelerate to join and the animation repeats (may not be a bug but I think in the original you only get a thumbs up once)?

2) On a number of tracks (3 and 5 at least) there were times when I went through a barrier, perhaps side ways? Will see if I can replicate this or record a play through and capture it.

3) On track 4 with the wall that goes up and down on the top right, collision detection was off and I couldn't get passed, detecting the wall from maybe 8 pixels away.

4) Track 5 - jump works better but managed to fall off and survive.

5) Sometimes helicopter seems to put you on the wrong side of the screen when you crash (seems to remember a previous position).

6) Cars have an errant black pixel.

7) Mechanic has green hair (not sure if it was this colour in the original) but would guess if not then a simple copper colour change could fix this?

That's all for now - hope this is helpful. Will record a play through with some bugs which might help track them down.

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 11 queries