View Single Post
Old 30 March 2021, 00:09   #4353
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You also run these with the switches "Quake -game Hipnotic" and "Quake -game Rogue"
This is so Quake looks in those folders for a .pak file. The folder could be called Timbuktoo if you wanted, the command would be Quake -game Timbuktoo instead. It might be, the actual titles are too long and we are only just coming out of the DOS era where folder names were kept to 8 characters max, maybe they just plucked two short words out of their asses here.

Anyway, you're right, the folder names are correct. I have Quake and those two packs installed on my PC now. And they are titled Hipnotic and Rogue, but don't ask me why as thats not what their true names are. I don't even know if the words Hipnotic or Rogue have any relation to the addons at all. I think the only thing you should update is maybe the config name that shows in WinUAE. Someone else with a bit more historical knowledge about where the daft folder names came from might be able to shed more light on it, its not something i ever cared about, so long as it loads and works, but i did think you'd want to call the addons by their true titles.

Page generated in 0.05021 seconds with 11 queries