View Single Post
Old 15 November 2016, 11:14   #44
Pheonix

Latest versions. Added in icon type specifications. So now you can designate the directory(ies) to be scanned (requires at least one.) Specify the command to use (also required.) Specify how deep to scan sub-directories (not required, defaults to none.) Specify the icon types to work on (not required, defaults to tools.) Finally, specify if the '.info' is to be removed from the file name when it is passed to the chosen 'command.'

I have also rolled it back to just scanning a single directory (SYS:WBStartup,) with no sub-directories, tool & project icons only, and fixed command (WBLoad.) Mainly because all the additions I've been adding has slowed it down. But this has turned into a learning project for me I've included both scripts below (IconRun.txt & WBStartup.txt,) which should, of course, both be renamed to .rexx files before use.

I'm also including an alternate method of checking the .info files that does not involve opening the file. This has reduced command line options, as they will no longer be applicable (if I'm not opening the icon, all I can really do is check if a "file" exists for it or not.) Since it is a refrain from any extra disk reads, it works off the available file list instead of using the Exists option.

Don't know if they can be streamlined any farther or not. I can't think of anything. Can't seem to find any more bugs myself, either. IconRun is the full script, WBStartup is the simplified version. The ones marked as '2' are the alternate check methods (looks for a corresponding attached file, instead of reading the .info file.) Haven't done any speed testing yet. That may vary depending on the HW in question.

:EDIT: Re-Uploaded the files with PC linefeed formatting added. Yes, some might be using a browser that supports the Amiga format, but I believe that most need the "\r\n" formatting that the PC uses.
Attached Files
File Type: txt IconRun.txt (4.7 KB, 134 views)
File Type: txt WBStartup.txt (753 Bytes, 128 views)
File Type: txt IconRun2.txt (3.9 KB, 123 views)
File Type: txt WBStartup2.txt (940 Bytes, 122 views)

Last edited by Pheonix; 15 November 2016 at 11:18. Reason: Forgot to add PC formating to the txt files :(

Page generated in 0.05402 seconds with 12 queries