View Single Post
Old 30 July 2016, 17:46   #10
DemosongIHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
hope you can find it, want listen to it aswell
Success!!! I've located and spliced and MP3-ed my cassette-to-WAV recording of the DemosongI.

Notes: It was recorded on a really low-fi mic on a really old cassette recorder (old even in the early 90s).

The song itself doesn't use actual sampled loops - the piano section at the start, and the guitars etc. are all samples that are MIDI sequenced. The guitar is amazing and the FX it goes through were done via note parameters. Unbelievable. Same with the warping of the vocals.

I'm not sure why the vocals were so muted.

I think the song was made in 1988-1991 sometime

It'd be nice to get a hold of the actual mod, because you have to hear the original to appreciate it best, but l believe this mp3 conversion of a WAV recording of a cassette recording will suffice to convey to you the awesome power of ....

D e m o s o n g I

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

Picosong.com 's streaming pages have zero ads, but beware when downloading an audio clip. Do NOT click on the link where it says "Click here to download song". Instead, if you really want to download it, press the Download link, and where it then says "Click here to download song", just right click --> Save as. If you click that link instead, it takes you to one of those annoying sponsored advert webpages which are all dodgy.

Oh and a final note: Crank your volume right up

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
i think amp - Amiga Music Preservation - is the biggest for amiga.
Cool. I checked that site out earlier and l cannot get past the first page for each letter on the mod catalogue? I guess it's because l'm on Linux or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan;1103609[URL="http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Special:Modland"
]modland[/URL] also worth a look - demosong search - modland ftp site.but there is also pouet.net - where you can find scene productions.
Cool thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan;1103609[URL="http://www.pouet.net/groups.php?which=977"
]Shining[/URL] also got listed with it's productions - but no mention of Voices-8.
Thanks. Voices-8 was the name of the 8 channel soundtracker, which was also known as 8CHNL or 8CHN.

Page generated in 0.06035 seconds with 11 queries