View Single Post
Old 17 November 2014, 01:51   #91
Blueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Smooth scrolling is already in. I will try to time it for minimal tearing when scrolling upwards - double-buffering would rule it out for A500 use, both performance-wise and chipmem-wasting wise. Anything above 640x512 4 colors requires a huge amount of CPU power or a graphics card with a faster blitter.
Remember that in interlaced modes, you only have to copy half the scanlines each frame. If the scroll speed is an odd number of interlaced lines, this is tricky to do single buffered, though. Better round up to an even speed, then.

This way, the blitter should be able to keep up with 640x512 4 colors, though indeed not much more than that.

Quote:
Only on graphics cards will you be able to get smooth scrolling with a 60Hz display, and that's even more niched than requiring a really fast CPU.
You are forgetting about all of us emulator wussies.

Though, to be honest, it would be ideal to run this in A500 emulation mode. Hence, no graphics card.

Quote:
And when editing, often you want to remove a commented line in the middle and move 3 lines from there and 2 other lines from 5 lines down and then paste it. I'm looking at a way to cut lines to history and then paste the history.
True, but I still find it more convenient and efficient to move things around directly rather than going via a clipboard.

Page generated in 0.04505 seconds with 11 queries