View Single Post
Old 17 May 2021, 09:47   #19
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
To be fair though - this true is of any computer system (maybe outside of Japan) as none of them had quality control and there was certainly a lot of dross on the pc. In fact, before the advent of graphics and sound cards for the masses, Amiga version of games was generally the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
Sure there was a lot of terrible games released, but lets put it into perspective, every computer had this problem. The Amiga was one of the most popular computers to release games on, right up to Commodores demise so the library is larger than most for the time. It had the advantage of having capabilities other systems wish the had. For many of the games released on multiple platforms the Amiga had the best version available. I would say that some games that were passable on the Amiga were utter wrecks on other systems, so that brings up the average. I think why many games are considered bad was because the Amiga when used properly, raised the bar so much higher than other systems, and it's hard to keep making top tier games.
Recently I started looking at the PS3 game catalog so that I have a library of games to collect and what I found was a vast majority aren't worth my time. And lets not forget that this is a system that has Sony as it software curator determining what get released.
I know the Amiga was usually the best for specific games when compared to versions released for other platforms, but it took a lot of effort to achieve, and by the look of a lot of the games in the video, the time, effort or money just wasn't invested in them.

The problem with the video is that it shows EVERYTHING, not just the most highly-regarded games by opinion, consensus or votes, but practically all of the Amiga's gaming output in its lifetime, all in one place, completely regardless of quality or not.

I mean, watching the video can be a chore seeing poor game after poor game going by, and then a classic pops up and the viewer perks up, only to fall into a stupor again when more poor games come up.

There is a reason "Top Of" lists were created.

Page generated in 0.04411 seconds with 11 queries