Thread: "Centering"
View Single Post
Old 17 July 2011, 11:39   #15
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Ah, that topic again.
Toni knows very well I'm also one of the "annoying" people that have always bugged him about centering
But he's not the only one:

Q: Currently the screen is off-center: come on, that just looks so ugly!
Bernd Schmidt (original UAE developer): Shrug. Live with it.

(from about 1998)

Ignorant reactions everywhere...
I'm not into graphics at all and I too have to state that an off-center screen is one of my pet hates. (since in my "philosophy" it can't be that you're doomed to use a (null) filter just to get the screen centered; this would just indicate that there IS an issue somewhere in modes with no filter at all that someone just didn't tackle because he thought it's pointless)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
OK Toni,
I checked all betas between v2.3.1 and v2.3.2, and the first beta presenting the "issue" is beta 8 (Public Beta 8, 2011.05.28 RC1)
(http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2320b8.zip).
Thanks for the warning. (and also for your investigations) I don't like that either, so when doing the next bunch of HOL screenshots I will remember to stick to 2.3.1 and older in order not to get too annoyed with off-center screens; remember that all HOL screenshots are centered, never altered by filters; plus, a working centering also means less work since you (often) do not have to re-center anything and could just upload the screenshot as-is for HOL with no changes made.

Page generated in 0.04869 seconds with 11 queries