View Single Post
Old 25 March 2021, 12:19   #7
MisthaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
No. Like in your example - you start with filtered sample and fade it out on one channel whilst fading in full sample on another channel. This may sound slightly different but essentially you get the same effect so I wouldn't bother with inverting a sample.

If you wanna do it with an X-fade, that means you'll need a sample with only the lower frequencies, and then another sample with only the higher frequencies. That means you'll need to play both samples - using 2 channels - in order to get the full sound with both the low and high frequencies.

Using the inversion trick, you'll only need to use 2 channels as long as you don't want the full sound. As soon as you want the full sound, you only need to use 1 channel.

So it really depends what you want of course. Since I wanted to achieve a fade-in in the beginning, where not much else was happening, I could easily use 2 channels for that. Then as the tune really starts, after the synths has faded in, I get an "extra" free channel since I'm done with the filtering now.

Do to the same with X-fade, you'd constantly need to use 2 channels through-out the track.

Page generated in 0.05243 seconds with 11 queries