View Single Post
Old 03 May 2021, 19:03   #908
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

So yeah, now I have my answer to the bonus question: "which game should have been in there" - Splinter Cell, any of the pile but probably Splinter Cell: Double Agent would have been the most prudent I was kind of wondering if #20 was a Splinter Cell game but I couldn't find a single screenshot or video which looked somewhat like it. Syphon Filter had completely slipped my mind.

KGB! That one was driving me bonkers. I knew I had seen that exact shot as a screenshot in a magazine, but I just couldn't find which game it belonged to. For the longest time I was so positive it was Wings or Rocketeer because the graphical style is very Cinemaware-like.

Number 12 pisses me off. I was kind of sure that Dishonored was one of the games that should have been in this list... but I couldn't find a single screenshot of the game which displayed those flair icons (the most prominent thing in the screenshot). I didn't play the game long enough yet to really remember that those icons were in the game :/

So yeah, #16 is a GBA side scroller eh... I spent several hours going through lists of GBA games in any of the categories platformer, run & gun, action, shooter, sidescroller... not once did xXx come up :/ The same for lightgun shooters, I saw so... so many lightgun shooters... not once did Confidential Mission come up.

Typing of the Dead... now the keyboard gun makes perfect sense. Any permutation of google search into that did not at any time point me towards that game I was very happy when I discovered that Perfect Dark has a "laptop gun" - that must be it I cheered! Nope. Perfect Dark is not even in the list in the end

I scoured hol looking for impossible mission and in the process by accident stumbled upon Mission Elevator (hurray!)... I just didn't see it. Looking back at it I'm not too surprised, the default screenshot for the game does not exactly clearly show the player character

I feel like the universe was conspiring against me.

At least #25 I found with a bit of thinking. Just by looking at the screenshot you can know it is a classic Gameboy game, but not one I've ever seen. So I was going through lists of "gameboy spy game" and the like until I reasoned: Wait, this is a Gameboy game. A platform where half of the games are tie-ins to movies and such. What movie would make most sense given that main character which seems to be wearing a tuxedo? The answer: James Bond of course.

Last edited by gimbal; 03 May 2021 at 19:28.

Page generated in 0.04273 seconds with 11 queries